Call for JASTIP-Net 2017
In order to expand and strengthen the JASTIP activities, we call for research partners who are willing to join our research networks (JASTIP-Net). We are looking for researchers who are ready to participate in joint researches and keen on leading social innovation in the ASEAN region for the SDGs. We welcome participants from specific countries which has not joined JASTIP activities yet but not restrict other countries.
To apply for the, JASTIP-Net, you are required to choose one of the research themes listed in below, carefully read the following guideline, and send your application to JASTIP Director by e-mail.
- (1) Headquarters
- To Develop Operational Linkages and Human Resources among Academic Sector, Government Agencies, and Private Sectors in ASEAN countries and
- To Introduce Various STI Collaborations for Effectively and Efficiently into the Society based on the three joint laboratories’ activities.
(2) Energy and Environment Joint Laboratory
- Studies on Rural/Community Renewable Energy.
- Development of Renewable Energy Technology adapted to the ASEAN region.
- Studies on Energy Policy/Security in the ASEAN region.
(3) Bioresources and Biodiversity Joint Laboratory
- Studies on Biodiversity in the ASEAN Region Contributing to the Improvement of Identification, Collection and/or Information.
- Sustainable Utilization of Bioresources for Biorefinery, Bioremediation, Wood Construction, Food or Medicine.
- Plant Improvement for Agroforestry Systems and Carbon Sequestration Contributing to the Mitigation of and/or Adaptation to Climate Change.
(Study team consists of researchers from more than two ASEAN countries and Japan is preferable)
(4) Disaster Prevention Joint Laboratory
- Innovative Ideas on Disaster Prevention, Mitigation and Recovery Technologies and Policies Peculiar to Each ASEAN Country.
- How to Cope with Trans-Boundary Disasters in the ASEAN Region Such as Tsunami, Flood, Drought and Haze.
- Understanding and Quantitative Evaluation of Disaster Risks Peculiar to ASEAN Countries
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Researchers and/or practitioners who are resident in Japan or the ASEAN region.
- Researchers and/or practitioners belonging to organizations such as universities, educational/research institutions, private industries and governmental agencies.
* Application can be submitted by an individual or by a team of individuals.
Obligations after Adoption
- In carrying on your collaborative research, you must adhere to the various regulations relating to best practice at Kyoto University, most notably with regard to Security Trade Control.
- Selected research partner must present a report paper when the collaborative research is completed.
- Selected research partner must make the details and results of your collaborative research for public at, for example, an international symposium by JASTIP.
- When publishing or announcing the results of your collaborative research (including at public symposiums, academic conferences and on electronic media), you must include an acknowledgement of JASTIP support.
- Selected research partner must comply with any other inquiries or meeting requests from members of the JASTIP steering committee, etc., until the completion of the collaborative research.
How to Apply
- Please fill in the necessary items in the application form provided (Application: JASTIP-Net 2017.docx) and submit it by email, as below.
- Email title should be “JASTIP-Net 2017 application”
- Submit the file in Microsoft Word format.