2019年度 JASTIP-Net 共同研究パートナーの募集を開始
[Important notice] Due to the final call for the current phase of JASTIP (till August 2020), the schedule of JASTIP-Net 2019 is changed from JASTIP-Net 2018 due to the programme duration.
Call for research proposals of JASTIP-Net 2019
Together with the our headquarters and joint laboratories in Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia, JASTIP-Net also plays an important role in strengthening the he Japan-ASEAN research collaboration networknetwork, as well as widening and deepening the coverage of the JASTIP activities across the ASEAN region. JASTIP-Net expands the outreach of JASTIP by seeking prospective and promising partners to launch new research initiatives that expand the existing JASTIP collaborations. JASTIP-Net also acts as an incubator for developing capacities, fostering partnership and growing new endeavors into mature research projects.
Research themes for 2019
Please choose one of the research themes listed below (which is also indicated in the application form). Applicant who is unsure whether the potential theme is in line with one of the following theme, or is cross-cutting (i.e. falls under two or more themes) is encouraged to submit the “first-step” application as early as possible to provide time for the JASTIP core researchers to contact applicants for clarifications and discussion.
(1) Partnership, Networking and Integrated Approach
- Promoting partnership and networks and developing platforms (including ASEAN Centres and Networks) on research fields related to JASTIP focus research areas among the multiple stakeholders as well as with Japan.
- Facilitating dialogues between STI sectors and policy makers in order to enable scientific services to contribute to implement APASTI 2016-2025 and to achieve SDGs.
(2) Energy and Environment Joint Laboratory
- Implementation Study of Renewable Energy in Southeast Asia
(3) Bioresources and Biodiversity Joint Laboratory
- Sustainable utilization of bioresources for biorefinery, bioremediation, wood construction, food or medicine
- Plant improvement for agroforestry systems and carbon sequestration contributing to the mitigation of and/or adaptation to climate change.
- We, WP3, also plan to organize a workshop titled “Stingless Bee Ecology and Meliponiculture (tentative)” in 23 October 2019 at Tangerang, Indonesia. We offer the partial support of your traveling expenditure from ASEAN countries. When you apply for this support, please use Annex 1 “Application Form for Stingless Bee Networking Workshop”.15 August 2019 is the deadline of submission for this category.
(4) Disaster Prevention Joint Laboratory
- Innovative ideas on disaster prevention, mitigation and recovery technologies and policies peculiar to each ASEAN Member State.
- How to cope with trans-boundary disasters in the ASEAN region such as tsunami, flood, drought and haze.
- Understanding and quantitative evaluating disaster risks peculiar to the ASEAN Member States.
We also prefer to receive proposals that consider the following perspectives and approaches as screening criteria;
- Emphasis on potential linkages to achieving the SDGs at the local and national level
- Practical research and pilot implementation on the ground in the ASEAN Member States
- Joint proposals by researchers from two or more countries
- Application by young and female researchers
Obligations for successful applicants
- Some of the selected applicant(s) may be registered as JASTIP research partner(s)/collaborator(s) in the official JASTIP report to JST.
- In carrying out your research supported by JASTIP (hereinafter referred as to “JASTIP collaborative research”), you are required to follow a set of regulations and guidelines relating to Research Compliance and Ethics of Kyoto University, most notably with regard to Security Trade Control. Please see further details at https://www.kyoto-u.ac.jp/en/research/research-compliance-ethics. Kindly also refer to Section 7 Budgetary management and limitations in the guideline.
- Research partners are obliged to submit a final report after completion.
- Research partners can be requested to publicize the results of their research at an appropriate occasion, for example, an international symposium to be organized by JASTIP.
- When presenting the results of your research (including at public symposiums, academic conferences, and on electronic media), an acknowledgement of JASTIP support is to be noted. (ex. This research is conducted as an integral part of a JASTIP project with necessary supports.)
How to Apply
- Please fill in the necessary items in the application form provided (Application: JASTIP-Net 2019 application form.docx) and submit it as an email attachment to
- The email subject line should read “JASTIP-Net 2019 application”
- Submit the file in Microsoft Word format
- The proposed budget for an application should NOT exceed the maximum amount of JPY 1 million (approx. USD 9,200)
- Notification of screening results: Late September 2019