Energy & Environment
The environment and energy satellite site has been established at the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) in Pathum Thani, Thailand.
The main activities of this satellite site are as follows:
- Improvement of the “effective use of low-grade coal or biomass based on solvent reforming method” developed in the SATREPS program, and dissemination to ASEAN countries
- Joint research related to biomass energy technology other than the “solvent reforming method,” or the development of materials necessary for photocatalysts, solar cell materials, and other forms of renewable energy
- Joint research contributing to the spread and promotion of renewable energy systems
- Japanese-ASEAN joint research into an extension of programs for renewable energy development or energy policy, etc., implemented by NSTDA
- Joint research utilizing existing ASEAN networks held by NSTDA
In addition, in collaboration with the Asian academic networks of the SEE Forum and the AUN/SEED-NET project, we aim to promote renewable energy research and development and human resource cultivation within the ASEAN region, toward the achievement of SDGs.